So, the couple of weeks has been rather busy and resulted in A LOT of packing! I went from my home in Essex to Center Parcs in Suffolk. Came back home, then travelled back to university in Loughborough. From Loughborough, I then travelled to Birmingham to stay with one of my friends and finally headed back to Loughborough! This resulted in packing 3 times, oh and don’t forget the unpacking too! Now I’m sure many of you see packing as a stressful experience, but when you have to do it as regularly as me (with trips such as those mentioned above, and frequent trips to and from Loughborough and Essex) you get used to the hang of it eventually.
So here are my very own tips for making packing a little bit easier:
- Have a rough plan in your head of what you will be getting up to while being away.
- Think carefully about what kind of clothes/items that you will need for these activities/plans and do not be excessive. Ask yourself if you really need 6 outfits for 3 days?
- Make a list (optional). I don’t bother making a list any more as I like to make packing as quick as possible, but a list is an organised way to make sure you don’t forget important things.
- Pick key items to wear over the weekend. Quite often we take more than we need for variety then end up wearing the same things over and over again. Depending on what you are packing for, think about the amount of shoes or coats that you will really wear.
- Lastly be practical by sharing toiletries with others on your trip, and realise the importance of baby wipes!
I would love to hear some more tips that you may have.
Paris love x